***I am happy having this as a block of work with a set time for completion, or at an hourly rate. I am also not looking for hosting (that is already in place)***
I am at the end of my Filemaker programming, and I need some help to get over the line.
I am creating a commercial sponsorship search service, where an event can find out who is best suited for their event. It is designed to help struggling events financially make it over the line.
There are three parts to this:
A = WP website
B = WooCommerce plugin (or any other you think would work better with WD)
C = WD (Login/Signin; internal scripting and layouts)
Ca = WD (Trial Search, Results)
Cb = WD (Paid Search)
A <=> B: n/a
A => C => Ca => B: ....... (A) click a landing page button => (C) signup => (Ca) perform Trial search => choose a package by clicking a button => (B) shopping cart process
B => C => Cb => A: ........ (B) finish paying => (C) login => (Cb) same search page, but with no 'advertising' on it => 'Your report will arrive in your inbox within n hours' => (A) landing page
PHP may/will be needed to thread these together. OTOH a simple hyperlink to or from WD may suffice.
*** I am open to other ways of moving between websites and Filemaker. PHP is the only one I know so far ***
*** Also, I am not importing data from WD to WP and back. I need PHP or some other coding to hook each UI together and allow the client to move between each of these. ***
*** I also believe there is a plug-in for FM that allows you to process payments. If so, then that is one way to move between WooCommerce and WD. ***
OK carry on. So far:
• I have signed onto to FMPHost for hosting 1 file, where I use WD
• although it is a copy of my local computer file, it has the same scripts that I would run on my own local computer
• the above scenario has been nutted out by a previous Upwork Filemaker person, so I dont need to reevaluate that, unless you see a new workaround that would make it even simpler.
• am using WooCommerce with a Stripe plugin to handle CC
• I use a local version of FM14 Advanced (havent gone to 15 yet)
WHAT DO I NEED YOU TO DO?
• one session where I run through the process. I'll explain what I want to achieve, and how the backend will work. We would figure out what is the best and where PHP would be needed. Conversely, some extra scripts may be needed to be run that I havent thought of before. We'll look at security; how to get the hosted file ready for working; improve the layout and remove unneeded images or fields; work out what we want the clients to do and what not to do.
• from this, you will go away and add the PHP or HTML coding needed. You will get access to credentials to work on my WooCommerce plugin for instance. Let me know when you start working, so I can see screenshots, and can advice if it is going well or not (dont want to spend hours on something that isnt right). Also, if you have questions, I know not to be out and can arrange to be by the computer
• once you are finished, we can set a time to run through the process
• after you have finished, we'll put it to the test. Fix any bugs as we speak (or if the bugs are larger than thought, we'll rinse and repeat until finished)
Would this be the end of all work? No! There is always something to do later on, and if you are fine with that, and our working relationship is good, then we can do extra work later. As sales grow, there will be a need for Filemaker.
I am also in Australia, and time differences are generally OK. If you are in the USA, the anytime from 6pm your time would work. If you are in the UK or Europe, early morning would work. In Asia, you are only a few hours behind.
This job, I'm guessing, would take up to 10 hours, but likely 6 hours if you are well versed at PHP or equivalent.
If we get on well, I'll have other FM questions for you.
If this sounds good, then let me know.