I'm looking for an Assistant who can help me with my online business.
I am a Career Coach who specialising in helping people follow their dream of making video games for a living. I'm looking for someone with the following skills (these are in order of priority from most important onward - I know, I'm asking for a lot to see if anyone fits the ideal):
1. Video editing skills. Preferably using Adobe Premiere Pro
2. Knowledge of, and interest in video games. There will be a lot of tasks that require you to find relevant footage of video games to put into videos, so it will help if you understand the gaming industry. Specifically, Indie games.
3. Solid graphic design skills - ranging from helping create YouTube thumbnail images, to finding graphics for blog posts, to helping create Infographics.
4. Excellent written English skills - ideally, able to help me write or edit articles for my website.
5. Experience with social media, youtube, facebook.
6. General Virtual Assistant tasks (helping me be more efficient by taking on any other tasks that you feel you can help with).
My preference is to find someone with a low hourly rate so that I can give you a lot of hours per week, rather than finding someone who has elite skills with a high hourly rate.
I am currently based in Australia (Eastern Standard Time) and will need at least 2 hours overlap during work hours so that we can discuss things in real time. The work will mostly be flexible in when it is completed.
I don't think Upwork will allow me to post a link here, but If you jump on YouTube and search for Rick Davidson Game Career Coach or head to gamecareercoach dot come you'll find examples of what I'm up to.
As a way for me to see if you are the right person to work with, can you please write a brief note (paragraph or so) on how you feel you can contribute to my business and what it would be like to work with you. If you send me your generic cut-and-paste business proposal I'll probably skip it. I'm looking for a go-getter who oozes professionalism. :-)
As a starting point we would work together for a week or so and then assess how things are going. If we click and you are doing great work then the partnership will be ongoing and indefinite.
Please note, I prefer to work with freelancers directly rather than going through an Agency. I also do not want to work with a manager who then relays the message to someone else.
As a final note, I like to have fun and smile while working so please be professional but also be yourself - I'm not looking for a robot!