DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB IF YOU THINK IT'S FOR SEO WORK!
I'm looking for someone to do some basic script development for interfacing with the Google Custom Search (free edition) API. You will not be working with applying design, just basic search and display of data on a page in a rudimentary layout. I will be applying the CSS and more precise layout after your work has completed. You will be responsible for building the AJAX based framework for submitting the query, then returning the results (see specifics below).
This will be more like a single page application, than a traditional website:
- No page reload when search query submitted or results displayed.
- No page reload when paging through search results.
- You will need to use the JSON API for Google Custom Search.
- You must understand and be familiar with injecting custom results into the returned result set.
- You should also be very familiar with the nuances of Google Custom Search.
- Just a warning, this same page will ultimately use FlexboxGrid and Greensock libraries.
- It will ultimately be Responsive, so that needs to be considered while developing.
- It will also be used in mobile and tablet environments, not just desktop browsers.
** This project is not for someone who is not already familiar in working with the Google Custom Search API. If you say you have experience, but end up not having appropriate experience, a new developer will be hired. You must have a good understanding of working with this solution. **
This project is not huge and will not bring you a lot of money, but it will be good for someone who needs more experience on Upwork, especially if you need more employer reviews.
Thank you in advance.