I need a virtual assistant for long term cooperation. Based on previous experiences, I would need the following characteristics:
- very independent work style, capable of handling issue on your own with minimal guidance
- highly reliable - quality checks of the work are a certainly done
- Writing proficiency /spelling is a must
- German speaking: most of my work is in English, but some is in German (as I am a German working from East Africa and soon from Cape Town). So German is sometimes needed; it might not need to be fluent in writing, as for some tasks to read German is sufficient
- broad range of administrative tasks - like making sexy powerpoint presentations, excel table/pivot tables, data entries, phone tasks, email handling, travel bookings, making payments, web research (good, in depth research)
- I am running a few projects - e.g. a Kickstarter Project for a new gadget; For this, journalists have to be found, contacted by twitter, mail, facebook etc, and a wordpress website needs to be created. I'm not sure if I find someone able to do all this in one person, but I'd love to try.
- I had some issues with VAs getting booked 100% by someone else, so I had to start build the relationship all over again. The best would be to find a team which can help each other out, maybe even with different skills/strengths?
- Time zone availability: my time zones are Germany/East Africa - very rarely would it matter, but at least an openness to be available during these times once in a while would help.
The time frame will vary from 5-10h/week, maybe getting more with good cooperation; and project based might even get to 40h/week over a few weeks.