Mobile Application Creation for iOS
I am currently trying to figure out a general cost for a mobile application that a friend and I are considering doing. I would like you to include a price range in your estimate so we have a general idea. I know you will need to have a full Skype conversation to understand the full project scope, but please give a range based on the information below.
The concept behind the game is that two players race to complete a jigsaw puzzle. Along the way, each player can get a perk of some sort to slow down the other person. The first person to complete the puzzle wins. The look and the feel of the gameplay will be similar to this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jigsaw-puzzle/id495583717?mt=8
What is needed:
- Artwork for what will be on the application. This includes the gameplay screens and the icon for the app.
- Hosting for the mobile application. We have no idea what these costs are or what to pick.
- The ability for two players to connect in real-time and play each other. There will be a timer that is running on both player’s phones, we need them to be racing to complete the puzzle.
- The ability to have 3-5 “perks” that can be used. One example would be a “perk” that makes the opposing players screen black for 15 seconds.
- The ability for the player who had a perk used against them to use a “undo” perk which stops the current perk effect.
- This app will have to have in-app purchases for the perks, advertising, and we will sell different puzzle packs for users to use.
- The app should be able to take a picture from the iphone and then turn it into a puzzle (this exists in the app named above)
- There should be leaderboards of the “best puzzle creators”. With these leaderboards, the top 5 or 10 ranked people get a perk daily. This leaderboard will be a ranking system based on how fast they beat other opponents and their overall record.
- Players should be able to challenge friends or play random opponents.
- Players can use an email address or social networks to sign in and create a account to play.
- For the start of this application, we will only have multiplayer mode. We want to eventually create a single player mode, but to get it out there faster we will wait on that.
- The app would be designed for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad to start. If all went well, we would expand to Android.
- Support to upload new map packs and come out with updates as time goes on.
There would still be some other stuff for us to figure out, but this should give a good general idea of what we need.
PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF THE HOURS TO COMPLETE AND TOTAL COST.
If you do not give us this, you will not be considered for the job. We will be reviewing these rough estimates and company reviews to determine the top three potential companies and then have a call with each of you via Skype.
Let me know of any questions as well, but try to keep them general in nature.