We bought a house, and the back yard needs some work. I need some help coming up with (1) a design that will suit our needs, and (2) an implementation plan that allows us to get the work done in phases (to break the budget into smaller portions).
I can provide photos, measurements, video, etc. (I'm a mechanical engineer, so I'm pretty detailed).
1) We want to create 3 areas: one for sitting down to eat, one for sitting down to relax (on outdoor couches, plus with a gas fire pit), and one for our kids to enjoy. We believe the yard is large enough to create these three areas.
2) We have a limited budget. We're thinking that if we have a good plan, we can get some of the work now, and some of it we can leave for later, when we save up for it.
3) There's a balcony upstairs. The wood is damaged, so we need to re-do it. Should we do something different than what is there right now?
4) The design, of course, should take into account what is currently there, to minimize the amount of work and re-use as much as possible. For example, the sprinkler system was replaced about 5 years ago and is in good shape.
5) The design, of course, should also be compatible with the interior design of the house. The house has a classical American style, with a bit of a "beach" look to it. I can send pictures of the interior.
6) There are 2 utility boxes (green plastic). They are for telephone, electric, or something. We can't move those or cover them. So let's hide them as much as we can!
7) We don't want a built-in barbecue or bar. A rolling BBQ is fine (not built in).
I'm sure I'm forgetting something...
Attached is only one picture. Upwork won't let me post multiple pictures until after the job is awarded.
Timeline: we'd like to get the design done in the next 2-3 weeks.