We're looking for a statistician and/or data scientist to help us do some very specific analysis and modeling for one of our Hollywood studio clients. Without going into too much detail: we're looking at modeling out the effects specific types of digital marketing of movies against multiple KPI's, and then from that recommend how to better market going forwards.
Required from you:
- Ideally you will have experience modeling marketing related data sets (though not essential),
- Either a good knowledge of R or Python (SciKit), experience working with up to a couple million rows of data.
- Be able to speak some decent English or Polish (as our team our between LA and Warsaw).
- A can do attitude, and able to overcome obstacles (most of our data is clean, but there will always be holes!)
- Rigorous knowledge and understanding of statistics
- Absolute discretion
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and database design principles
- Existing knowledge of Flask and Pandas would be beneficial
- Understanding of machine learning and neural networks would also be a huge plus
About the company:
Portent.io is a predictive analytics platform for the film industry. It predicts how much a film is likely to make (both theatrical & VOD), helps optimise your marketing campaign, and provides realtime demographic/geographic/psychographic data.
Using our proprietary algorithms, we process all signals across the web to create very accurate long range forecasting models based on the efficacy of the marketing campaign on a territory by territory basis. From this we are able to determine not only how much money a film will make but what is the intent to see the film, what is the general sentiment around a film and how is it doing in comparison to other films.