My name is Lani. I'm looking for an experienced SEO and online marketing specialist, who can help generate traffic and new users for my website (a women's health wiki). Overall, I have three primary goals: 1) Improve Google Rankings 2) Encourage people to contribute to the wiki and 3) Develop brand awareness/overall exposure to relevant audiences. You will help develop the SEO/marketing strategy (in collaboration with me) and then execute that strategy.
In terms of methods, I'm only interested in "white hat" methods. In other words, there should be no automated programs for external link spam. I want targeted campaigns that find the right people for the right reasons. Also, please note that I already have Google Analytics and basic social media accounts set up (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc). While I don't expect you to develop any social media content (I will develop that), you will be looking into analytics, demographics, SEO, back-linking, etc.
Regarding time commitment: We'll see what works together. Right now, I can't give a specific number of hours per week. This number will be determined by what seems right when we begin evaluating the appropriate level of SEO/online marketing required. But, if things go well, this work will continue on an ongoing basis.
• Experienced in SEO (at least 1 year) with background in marketing a plus
• Able to work from home/remote location on a generally flexible schedule (part-time)
• Strong command of English language (not necessarily fluent, but at least a high level)
• You should understand how MediaWiki-based sites work on a basic level (i.e. contributing, editing, etc).
• You must feel comfortable working on a project that has information on things like birth control, the morning after pill, STD tests, abortion access, etc.
• Huge Plus: Passionate about women's reproductive rights and global issues impacting women's health around the globe; passionate about wikis and the open-source community
Thank you -- and please do send me a message!