Expert excel programmer needed to upgrade existing and build new Excel workbooks for specialty lines insurance underwriters. These excel workbooks are used to calculate premiums, document underwriting, enforce underwriting rules and generate quote and binder letters. We are looking for someone with a strong working knowledge of Visual Studio Programming in .NET, C++ and Visual Basic to include regular expressions who can quickly build these complex spreadsheets and while also making them intuitive and easy-to-use. Must proficient in complex Excel Vlookups, complex pivot table usage, formatting, and easily communicate and work well with others who do not speak programming.
Ideally, the position will be located in Alpharetta, GA or Chicago, IL. However, remote work will be considered. The programmer will would work closely with underwriting and actuarial staff to accomplish several excel programming projects.
• Writes or modifies Microsoft Excel programs to satisfy the business and technical requirements.
• Documents the technical design of all assigned new system components and enhancements to existing system components including security, usability, and auditability.
• Performs program design, coding, unit testing, and system testing. Insures programs satisfy all user requirements for all assigned programs.
• Must have at least three (3) years in programming and computer systems analysis in Visual Studio utilizing .NET, C++, and Visual Basic.
• Proficiency in complex Excel V-lookups and Pivot table usage
• Exposure to interrelated programmer/analyst activities required.
• Must have a working knowledge of Visual Studio programming in .NET, C++, and Visual Basic to include Regular expressions.
• Must be familiar with most general office machines and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
• Sample of representative work may be required.