I am looking for someone for a long term opportunity as a writer for a 7 year old, high traffic, established online news site that aggregates and curates information about the Moodle Learning Management System.
The position will entail producing approximately 60 short (4-500 words) blog posts per month about the technology, community and practice surrounding Moodle. ... The position will entail producing approximately 60 short (4-500 words) blog posts per month about the technology, community and practice surrounding Moodle. The topics and material used for these posts will be sourced and prioritized for within an established system we've used for curating.
... A successful applicant does NOT need to be a technical expert on Moodle, or someone who uses Moodle everyday.
However, to be successful you MUST:
- be able to create, edit and administer posts in a standard WordPress environment
- be able to produce materials on a regular schedule
- understand how to re-purpose material from other sources to create original content
- be able to source, edit and/or produce images that are licensed for general reuse
- be able to write posts in English that need very little polish or editing
The very BEST candidates:
- Will be tech oriented and likes geeking out about tech in general
- Will have a familiarity with Moodle
- Understand the basics about how open source technology works (how its created, updated, etc.)
- Have a "general understanding" of how technology like Moodle and Worldpress "work" (e.g. how they are installed, set up, used, configured, administered, etc.)