We are a non-profit organization with program offices in about 25 countries, and we are currently looking to increase communication between these offices and HQ, and particularly across offices.
We have been using Yammer in our company for about a year. The roll-out has been supported by the HR and IT groups, and other groups have adopted it in various degrees. We are about 100 people in our main office, and each country office has between five and 40 people.
During the first year we had a great Community Manager that helped us understand Yammer, organized training, provided one-on-one sessions for users, maintained groups, promoted best practices, researched features, created content, and in general worked in keeping the network alive. As she moves to another position, we would like to find another consultant to continue her work.It will be ideal if you have some current experience in the NGO/non-profit sector, ideally internationally. If you can handle more than one language, much better. Most of our communications are in English, but offices tend to user their own language (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian are the main ones).
1) Widen the adoption of the tool
2) Achieve horizontal dialog (e.g. between people with similar positions in different field programs, in different countries)
3) Provide a new venue for collaboration (linked to Office 365, SharePoint and mostly Microsoft technologies)
- Interact with new users, providing on-boarding help with Yammer
- Evangelize and promote the platform
- Manage groups (keep alive, merge or split as needed)
- Find, develop and apply best practices
- Organize and provide training sessions, YamJams, and training materials
- Research Yammer’s integration with Office 365
- Interact with the Communications and HR departments, as possible
- "Teach" IT, HR, Communications what Yammer can do
- Potentially, work in content preparation (this is usually managed by Communications, where Yammer adoption has been surprisingly low)
- Consider which metrics to use to track our progress towards goals
We are flexible regarding the approach, although we would like to have some overarching plan. We would like to start with a quarterly plan, so we can review progress at the three- and six-month marks, but we are flexible and will consider your timetable, particularly at the start, as you get to know the organization. The current Community Manager will provide support during the transition.
Are you interested in helping us? If so, please send us some information about your experience, and give us an idea of the time commitment (weekly or monthly) needed to manage this project.
Reach out to me directly if you have any questions.
Pablo A Destefanis