For this project we require KMZ files and associated images to be processed, stored in a database, and a PDF report to be output.
The data will be stored on Google Drive, the software will need to connect to the Google Drive account and provide an interface for selecting the folder to process. Each folder will contain 1 project, each project will be made up of multiple KML files and images.
The software will provide an interface to select/enter the following information about the project:
- Client Name
- Project Address
- Project Date
- Project Operator
- Job Number
- Reference Number
Once the project information above is entered and the folder on google drive to process is selected then each kmz file should be processed (unzipped) to extract the KML file and images. The data from the KML file should then be processed and stored in a database.
The tags in the KML that are used are as follows:
- Document/name: Once per KML file, this should be stored with each record from the KML file as the Location name for the image.
- Placemark/Description: Will need to be parsed to extract the image name
- Placemark/ExtendedData: Contains 2 tags, Data Name and value. The Data Name should be stored as an attribute of the image and the Value stored as the value of the attribute. These can change per image so an attribute table will need to be created to store possible attributes and then the values stored per image. Only attributes where a value is provided are to be stored. Blank values can be discarded.
- Placemark/Point: Location coordinates of the photo.
Once the data is stored, an option to generate a report is to be provided. The report will contain:
- Cover page. This will include our company information and logo, Client Name, Project Address, Project Date and Project Operator.
- Static pages. Containing general introductory text.
- A table listing the photo name, the location name, and a list of any attributes and the values for the attribute for each photo.
- A copy of each image, 3 per A4 page with the image name and location under the image.
The report is to be generated in PDF format and saved back to a google drive folder.
Please indicate how many hours you expect this project to take. Also detail what language and database system you propose to use. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with a sample of the report to confirm the timeframe estimate before starting.
Sample KML files are attached.
The successful candidate needs to be able to commence work immediately.