Looking for someone who can manipulate photographs photorealistically, changing elements, adding objects, combining photos, etc. We've been working successfully with a guy for a couple of years, but he has gone travelling, so we need someone new. There are little bits of work every so often - this isn't full-time - and we never know in advance how much work we have each month, so you'd need to be flexible.
* We're a small team of digital production folk (project managers, designers, developers) doing websites, brochures, and sometimes videos, either subcontracting from agencies or working with mid-sized businesses.
* We're based in Europe, with no office - everyone's freelance. (Two of us are in Rijeka; others are in Cologne, Belgrade, Glasgow, Bucharest). People generally get paid based on skill of course, but also where they are (Belgrade is a cheaper city than Cologne) but we cannot afford US rates - sorry.
* Working language is always English. Everyone has to have fluent spoken and written English.
* Speaking on Skype is necessary. We also use Jira for task tracking. If you haven't used Jira before that is no problem, but you will need to be able to jump onto calls and conference calls on Skype. A European time zone would be a big plus for communication.
* Very "northern European" working culture - straight forward, no emotional outbursts, and no patience for exaggeration or broken promises.
*Work is varied. We've manipulated hospital rooms and tropical islands, we've done detailed background removal and simple colour correction, etc.
Please do three things:
1) At the very start of you reply, start by telling me how you would improve this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wl6jfqd01quzlj/Hospital-bedroom-render-2L.jpg?dl=0 This is a work-in-progress image - I do not regard it as final quality, but some work has been done. The key element is the refrigerator, which needs to look perfectly natural. (See this earlier one https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn22xa5crlvfvkf/Hospital%20Bed_Countertop.jpg?dl=0 , showing the fridge in a different place - this maybe could be improved, but it is pretty good.) Keep in mind that we have the fridge as 3d files, so if needed we could either create new renders, or give you the files to render if you also work in 3d. A couple of sentences will be fine - I don't want to waste anyone's time, but do need to know that you can see where to go with this.
2) Let me know what you can work with other than Photoshop. (E.g. can you handle 3d files?) And any hints on the sort of thing that really interests you would be great. Don't need an essay, but a couple of lines would be good.
3) Samples of past work are always appreciated.
The usual UpWork disclaimers apply: copy-and-paste applications will be ignored, people who are claiming to do things they are obviously bad at will be ignored, people who try to contact us off UpWork will be ignored, people who pretend to be in London in order to justify a higher rate but are blatantly in Mumbai will be ignored. Etc.. (Basically, there are too many people on UpWork who are not especially skilled, but hope to find some stupid American who has no idea what constitutes good work; we are not American, not stupid, and we all do high quality work and expect the same.) Sorry for the grumpy ending to this post but UpWork can be a frustrating place!
Thanks for reading!