Note: Please do not respond to this job positing if you do not have prior experience with Records Management and Development of File Plan and related Records Management Policies. Primarily you will be required to work during Norwegian office hours. However, from time to time (1-2 days in a week) you will be required to work during office hours of Philippines, India, Netherlands, Zambia, and Panama.
You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement, code of conduct policy and a contract agreement adhering to clauses similar to the sample in this link https://www.anskaffelser.no/sites/anskaffelser/files/ssa-b_simplified_2015_eng.docx
You must have a stable Internet connection (at your own cost) with sufficient bandwidth to join Skype for Business meetings (includes audio/video and presentation sessions).
Scenario: The organisation invests in clean, renewable energy on a commercial basis in emerging markets. The organisation develops (projects) and operates renewable power plants. Currently there are no official records centre or archiving policies, documents (that must be archived) are spread over several storage silos. The organisation is currently planning to develop an information management system, which will include Collaboration and Records Management capabilities,
Number of staff: 70
Number of offices: 6 (Philippines, Singapore, Netherlands, Norway, Zambia, Panama)
The Records Manager will be responsible for:
(1) Gather Information: Requirement analysis for record management (review file / directory structure, file list, retention schedules, learn about Organisation’s strategic plans, mandate, mission, services, program areas, responsibilities, and reporting relationships, study annual reports and other publications, organisational/company structure charts, conduct survey / interview)
(2) Identify business functions
(3) Identify business activities
(4) Identify classification
(5) Develop Archiving Policies and File Plan and get it approved (Project manager will assist during the approval process)
(6) Evaluate Records Management solutions to ensure 'fit for purpose' (conducting proof of concept projects - IT Team will assist in this activities)
(7) Implement Records Management system (work with IT for coding into the Records Management System, organise physical filing around the new plan, organise digital filing around the new file plan, train and achieve buy-in from staff)
(8) Migration of contents (remove transitory material with short term value that are no longer needed, dispose records whose retention periods have expired, rename files to conforms to naming nomenclature you have developed under File Plan)