I am a young Canadian Pharmacist working on Doctor of Pharmacy degree as well as launching a new greenfield community pharmacy in July 2016. I am looking to create a longterm working relationship with a personal assistant to help tackle my to-do list (examples include monitoring and responding to email, making phone calls & appointments, booking travel), as well as help launch my new business.
Preference will be given to female applicants with strong English speaking and writing skills, and a background in Pharmacy and Social Media. Duties will include:
- writing health-related posts and/or generating infographics to be used on company Facebook page
- design Prezi presentations to be used in marketing
- generation of graphics to be used on Facebook page (i.e. giving our logo a holiday "look" for the month of December).
- Maintaining employee files, scheduling employee interviews
- Designing employee schedules and monitoring vacation leave
- Responding to emails during my absence from work
- Designing and maintaining webpage for the pharmacy
Pharmacy-specific duties include:
- Typing patient care plans under my direction to deliver to other caregivers (patient name and identifying info will not be included due to confidentiality)
- liaising with Drug company representatives
- designing brochures/flyers for upcoming community seminars
- designing Powerpoint presentations for Pharmacist delivery
- ordering employee uniforms/nametags
- Researching and scheduling relief Pharmacists, as well as coordinating their travel and accommodations
- Maintaining Pharmacy and Pharmacist licenses (annual paperwork and renewals)
- Customer call backs
- Paperwork related to preceptorship of Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician on-the-job training
- Government applications for wage subsidies.
- Job postings
- Deal with insurance companies regarding audits, payment issues, etc.
- Maintain prior authorizations for patients and request reauthorization from insurance companies in advance of auth expiration.
This position will be a growing one, and currently I will not be requiring many hours. My hope is that by getting to know you and creating a great working relationship, I will be able to grow my hours with you to approximately 20 hours every week. I am looking for the right VA to grow with my company, that I can depend on, and work with for years to come. The right candidate will have a strong customer service background, and will liaise with my staff as if you were a team member in our pharmacy. I am hoping there will be instances where I can just direct staff to contact my VA who will help them with scheduling issues, if they require new uniforms, etc. My VA will have their own company email, and will respond to emails as a staff member.
Ideally, this candidate would speak strong English with very little accent as I live in a rural community that isn't familiar with multiculturalism. Time zone isn't extremely important, but it would be nice to have a VA who is working during 7:30 am to 9:00 am, and again at 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Newfoundland Standard Time (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/ndt)
Please include with your application an example of a health-related community Pharmacy message with or without an infographic or image that you would post on our Facebook page. Please direct your post to an audience of a community pharmacy that is focused on primary care and prevention of disease-related morbidities. Keep in mind that this is a future-orientated, vibrant pharmacy whose vision is to help our patients "Live Well" and offer exceptional pharmacist professional services.
Thank you for considering this position. I look forward to finding an incredible VA who will help me manage my Community Pharmacy such that I can still maintain a healthy work-life balance.