An Australian trading company operating in the building/industrial/construction industry is looking for a detail-oriented, dynamic, proactive VA bookkeeper with inventory management experience for physical product.
You may initially be required to work for 20/hrs a week for integration and training. When you are up to speed, you would be required to work 40/hrs a week during Australian business hours (AEST), which is 2-3 hours ahead of Manila time.
Must be able to
• Modify and
• Use procedures, work instructions, and checklists
Working closely with the Purchasing Department and the wider business, your primary functions will be:
1. Perform stock adjustments
2. Stock transfers between branches and warehouse
3. Receipting of stock and orders
4. Adding purchase orders onto the system
5. Perform pricing updates
6. Stock Adjustments
7. Run reporting on stock
8. Perform all other administrative or support tasks that may be required from time to time, or as need arises.
To be successful for this dynamic role you will need to possess the following attributes:
● Excellent oral & written communication skills. The staff is expected to be able to interact/communicate with other people at different levels within the organisation, as well as represent the organisation well to third-parties.
● Data entry skills. The staff is expected to be efficient and accurate when entering data into the system.
● Ability to multi-task. The staff works with multiple suppliers for several different accounts/projects simultaneously.
● Familiarity with online collaboration tools and the remote work setup
● Reasonable ability to find solutions to basic computer system issues independently (e.g. software updates).
● Experience in the construction, industrial, building, hardware or tool industry is a plus.
● Prior bookkeeping-related role is a plus.
● Is flexible and can work independently.
● Is a proactive problem-solver, i.e., initiates solutions/discussions to work-related problems.
● Is dependable, i.e. keeps commitments, delivering consistent results.
● Is enthusiastic, self-managed, self-motivated, results-driven
● Has high attention to detail – can verify/check their own output
● Has a can-do attitude - can meet challenges head-on and deliver results
● Has a positive attitude towards learning new ways of doing things
● Works with an understanding of their role and how it relates/impacts others in the organization
● Have excellent communication skills, i.e. converse/correspond well in English.
● Is organised
● Proficient in relevant MS Office or similar applications - spreadsheets, documents, presentations
● Familiar and comfortable with online/collaboration tools – online workspaces, sharing, web conferencing, etc.
● A working computer with basic Office apps – Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations
● Reliable high-speed internet connection, wired (DSL/cable) – at least 1Mbps download speed.
● A working microphone and speakers
● A quiet working environment.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please
1. Send us a proposal with the following:
● A cover letter – written on the body of the email message.
● Updated resume indicating contact details – email & Skype included
● A voice sample – record a 1-minute self-intro. This requirement will help us gauge your English proficiency/language skills.
2. Take our screening test. Test details/instructions will be automatically sent to you as soon as you submit the documents listed above. (The test is timed. Please be sure you have a maximum of two hours to work on the tests before submitting your application documents. Timestamps will be noted and considered in the ratings.)
Note: Please follow application instructions. This job puts a premium on attention to details.
Thank you and good luck!