1. ASP.Net Web Forms, .Net 4.5, VB.Net
2. Expert at OOPS
3. EF, POCO, Custom ORM & LINQ,
5. Mid level SOA concepts.
6. MVC, Unity, IOC, Dependency Injection, Repository are all only nice to haves. They maybe used in other projects but not this project.
Other skills & requirements & some general stuff.
1. Project: This is not very technically complex project. However the project specs or reqts are very weak. You will need to be able to follow previous sample/screens and then reverse engineer the specs, business rules to build new screens and functionality. There will be little technical help, and doubts takes days to get answered. This is a very large business complexity project. Do NOT apply if you have not handled real-time large business application. Coding will involve updating complex areas of the screen dynamically, with complex rules, business validations and most of it you will need to lookup other samples and work. Initial onboarding is for 2-3 days where you will need to work during USA CST day time, after that you can set your own 8 work-hour time. (lunch & other breaks not included). Must work in front of computer between 6AM to 9AM USA CST. Must give daily demo, and explain to code you have written, the progress made daily basis at 6-7AM CST. This is also one of the main reasons why you cannot use a Project Manager to facilitate communication and have a not-so-great english speaking SR developer work in the background.
2. English: Conversational level skills without heavy accent. You should be able to talk technical design with ease to me. You should be able to write clearly any technical problem you have explain the interface, pattern, logic and perfectly make sense in email.
3. Infrastructure: Reliable electricity, and solid Internet broadband connection is assumed. If you lost time during the day, then you must compensate it. I will strongly give importance to individuals, so if you are a company then sell me your candidate not your company.
4. Phone: You must have your phone on you at all times. I need your personal cell phone number, and expect you to pick it up. Period (see why below).
5. Availability: I do not plan to disturb you during your non work hours. Sometimes I just have to be able to reach you and wake you up at odd hours. This is why you need a laptop at home for emergency. Example--> Sometimes if client has a question or doubt and I definitely need to answer back, or if you do a bad code check-in at say 8AM CST and you have retired/resting for the rest of the day and the code is now breaking for the rest of the team. Then you have pretty much knocked out the entire team for the rest of the USA Day time. At this case I may call you at 10PM, or 1AM your time and request you to backup or fix or undo. Basically I am under the gun until this fix has happened, this is rare & not norm. There are 4 other USA based members working on this project. This is a good example of a blunder that is likely to get us fired or contract terminated. Sometimes I want you to be available during USA CST 7-9 PM so that I can go over some requirements, this too is a must! I understand your company's office may not be open yet, but this is again why you may need a laptop and a cell phone .
6. Time Ethics: This is simple, client is paying for stuff you know, not for stuff you need to learn/google/research. Already this project will take considerable time to study and reverse engineer business logic and it will be hard for us to explain to client, non-productivity, deviations. This is a full-time project, rarely we may need to discuss over phone during weekends. No, I don't need you to do free work, but at the same time if you need a couple of hours off during a weekday please make arrangements prior with me and you can substitute those over weekend/weekday. Client cannot monitor your work during USA National Holidays and so are unpaid. Your National Holidays , traditions and customs are all highly respected and I understand if you cannot work, such days are unpaid. If you decide to work on those days (*and it is a working day in USA) then those are paid hours. Any week's billable hours cannot be more than 40. Hours not worked in any day generally should be compensated within that week/weekend. Please don't plan any long vacations or time offs between now until year-end.
Please do not send me a blanket generic written proposal or email, a short 10 minute well articulated proposal or email addressing some points and speaking to your strengths will help me. Project may start as soon as Sep 19 or 26.