As a member of the Risk Management Team at Upwork, you will be helping improve user experience while detecting fraud. You’ll play a critical role working with our Fraud team to ensure Upwork is a safe place to work and and find work. You will lead a team of risk investigators to be accurate and thoughtful in their actions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of 30 risk management agents and 4 TLs:
- Ensure their happiness and efficiency by creating a team connection, assisting with priorities, providing regular performance feedback and developing members of the team
Keep up with day-to-day management of team such as queue volumes, scheduling, 1x1s and team meetings
- Partner with our Fraud Policy and Detection team in Mountain View, CA (HQ) to ensure Upwork is a safe and trusted Marketplace
- Be the ultimate expert around fraud on the platform and emerging trends to handle the toughest escalations
- Own feedback loop with the QA and detection teams around new fraud trends
To win in this role, you need:
- Previous management experience and has a point of view on how to inspire and lead a team
- Able to effectively communicate with various people - customers, agents, Trust and Safety.
- Previous fraud/risk experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to different situations
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferred)