I am looking for a book researcher, for a non-fiction book in the health space.
The right researcher will have excellent skills in fact checking. This is not a job for someone who is used to typing search terms into Google and clicking on the first link.
All facts and information will need to be verified by credible sources, organizations and academic institutions that are held in high regard.
The ideal candidate will have strong medical research skills.
You may be required to email some researchers directly to clarify a fact.
Work will initially involve research and fact checking for the introduction and first chapter of the book. If the quality of the work is sufficient you will be commissioned for the remaining nine chapters and epilogue.
This job will be spread out over the next couple of months.
The ideal person has a strong interest in health and wellness, and will be familiar with reading peer reviewed academic articles and health/medical journals.
Examples of research tasks include:
- Find statistics from the UK about the rise of chronic illness
- Go to the body of research by Ronald and Janice Kiecolt Glaser from Ohio State University and find one of their review papers which sums up the fact that stress is irrefutably linked to immune malfunction - http://pni.osumc.edu/
- Track down the paper which is mentioned in this press release - https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2012/06/study-explains-how-stress-can-boost-immune-system.html
- Find an academic paper to reference the fact that mindfulness based stress reduction has been shown to improve stress, pain, anxiety and symptoms of chronic illness among a number of other things.
- Fact check these sentences by reading the below scientific papers:
"The positive people had upwards of 50 percent higher activity than those with negative emotional styles. Just to be sure, Davidson repeated the study and again found that greater left frontal activity correlates with greater NK cell activity."
When applying please outline why you would be suited to the job and provide examples of previous experience in this area.
Looking forward to hearing from you.