Business scenario: We are fairly small and simple. Our IT organisation is slim and we outsource almost every kind of custom software development. We have an existing SharePoint online heavily customized intranet portal for internal employees. Portal is used for managing business meetings (which are highly customized SharePoint sites), publishing internal news, announcements, documents etc. There are approximately 75 end users spread over Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Netherlands, Norway, Zambia and Panama. Approximately 4 high-end business users - those who actively get involved with Line of Business requirements elicitation.
We require a Business Analyst to gather ad-hoc 'line of business' new / change requirements from end users, translate the same to a requirement specification document that makes sense to a team of software developers, oversee development of solution ensuring that it meets end user's expectations, involve in UAT and sign-off delivery. In addition the Business Analyst will be expected to develop training materials and provide training to end users.
1. Fluent in English language, ability to work independently, proactive and honest.
2. Knowledge of scrum / agile development methods (knowledge of Atlassian Jira will be an added advantage).
3. Requirements elicitation from end users, capture user stories.
4. Translate user stories / business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications that makes sense to software developers (employing UML, UI/UX, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams, Wireframe - any other specialized skill requirements can be sourced through Upwork).
5. Oversee software development team, ensuring that requirements are translated to usable solutions.
6. Serve as the conduit between end users and the software development team.
7. Conduct User Acceptance Test and sign-off delivery.
8. Developed training materials and train end users on newly developed and existing applications.