Principal QA Automation Engineer in BOSTON or PHILADELPHIA.
This is a Full Time onsite position...
You MUST work in the USA.
The Principal QA Automation Engineer will drive the automation framework architecture and design. This role will be responsible for collaborating with QA Automation Team, Product Management, and Development to plan and build a framework that can be leveraged to test multiple products through automation and provide reliable reporting. This person will own creating guidelines for code reviews, peer test, and other general development practices for automation.
• Architect cross product end to end maintainable automation framework for server products, requiring tools evaluation, infrastructure planning, collaboration with existing tools and team members
• Collaborate closely with Product Management, Architecture, and Development to ensure automation framework is able to test the Product Software at multiple points including UI, API, and server code
• Write automation code using Java for both UI using Selenium and API (SOAP and Rest)
• Incorporate test reports into a reporting framework
• Mentor, train, code review and support QA Engineers on how to write quality automation code
• Have expertise in Scrum and be able to help team members create automation strategies for new features
• Evaluate and test new or modified software bug fixes, extensions, and features
• Create and execute test cases and scenarios
• Create automated test scripts using Java - PHP/ Selenium
• Write, revise, and verify quality standards
• Perform usability, functional, and regression testing
• Report bugs and issues within tracking system
• Work closely with the Development and Support teams
• Participate in software design reviews and walk-throughs
• BA/BS or MS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
• 7-15 years of experience in Development or QA Automation
• Experience creating an automation framework and automated test cases for UI and API testing
• Ability to create test strategies for automation
• I18N testing knowledge a plus
• Experience creating automation for systems using MySQL database
• Led an effort automating a regression backlog as well as new feature development
• Java experience required
• Must be detail-oriented and organized must be able to quickly assess impact of new features on the current framework architecture
• Must have knowledge of Jenkins, Jira, Test Case Management tools, Defect Tracking tools and processes