We are seeking designers with the ability to concept, work from concepts, and take those concepts through to fabrication and delivery while working remotely, and using Solid Works (licence can be provided)
To design in a food safe environment is a very unique challenge, and we welcome those looking for a challenge to apply.
The candidate will need to have experience in the food industry, as well as having designed using materials such as stainless steel, various nylons and plastics.
Once designed, using our trusted suppliers, you will be able to supply the appropriate manufacturing and assembly drawings and instructions to finish the job, as well as handle any logistics of getting said product to site.
We will supply you with all the most recent food safe documents, guides, and regulations.
You will have all the support you need, as well as concepts and a library of past projects to refer to.
• Design and optimisation of mechanical components for the Australian Food Safe environment
• Analysis of mechanical systems, including safety analysis for structural, fatigue,
thermal, vibration, and acoustics.
• Analysis and specification of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems
• Develops manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
• Construct and oversee technicians in construction of developed systems
• Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated
• Confer with managers and other personnel to implement operating procedures,
resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data
to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance
with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
• Knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
• Self motivated and highly organized
• Proficient in 3D CAD modeling
• Background in stainless steel fabrication, and food safe design preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3+ years experience
• Solid Works preferred