We are looking for a content manager who has a passion for publishing remarkable content on our site. We don't necessarily want someone to create the content but to manage the process.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Wordpress, editing content, preparing email newsletters in MailChimp and identifying and managing content creators. You should also be good at managing day to day activities associated with executing our editorial calendar and provide feedback to us on ways to improve the process as well as simple reporting on monthly activity.
As the Content Manager of BigSalesPlan.com, I am responsible for ordering content through content creation sites, identifying qualified content contributors (bloggers) and contacting them directly, the overall quality of published material, posting, scheduling and optimizing content, creating and sending bi weekly email newsletter, and for the supervision and direction of the activities of support staff.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Manage all day-to-day activities involved with the website including, but not limited to:
1. Primary responsibility will be to manage the day to day activities associated with the editorial calendar we have created. This means contacting bloggers directly, ordering content on Textbroker and Writeraccess, editing, publishing content on a timely basis and meeting established deadlines for each task.
2. Posting content to Wordpress site. This includes formatting text, inserting images, optimizing for keywords, selecting correct categories and tags, assigning authors, etc.
3. Identifying, vetting, hiring and managing website contributors. Providing feedback to contributors, and editing writers’ content.
4. Production of bi weekly e-newsletters using Mailchimp
5. Writing and/or editing email copy for content and promotional email broadcasts and follow up sequences.
6. Have final approval over ALL content used on the website or any social media channel.
7. Hiring and firing of staff writers
Personal Characteristics Required:
· A passion and strong understanding of the B2B sales industry and our company’s mission.
· Exceptional project management and editing skills
· Excellent communicator at all times, no extended dark time periods when we don’t hear from you
· Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
· Ability to prioritize and make decisions based on strategic goals.
Job #1 (Getting started)
- Create a job posting template based on research of other posts
- Order first 10 posts per editorial calendar through content creation sites
- Reach out to 20 qualified content creators and send them a request to contribute to our site