WordPress Theme Development Freelance Professional Wanted (Design / Front End / Theme Customization Strengths)
I am an independent web development professional, located in Ontario, Canada - in business for 20 years - looking for a remote web freelancer(s) or team, with a strong design–oriented portfolio and WordPress Front End Theme and UI customization skills, to assist me with ongoing client web development and maintenance projects on an hourly or contractual basis.
Emphasis will be on preliminary design, wire framing and responsive theme customization, full front end site template development / modification from an existing creative brief and content map.
In my experience my needs may require more than one freelancer to work together (one strong on design side, one strong on coding / technical side), but the key binding elements are experience, excellent organizational and communication skills and exemplary aptitude with WordPress site theme design / development.
This will start with one project and could evolve into an ongoing remote freelance relationship that will include smaller maintenance tasks as well as full development project contracts. For the anticipated candidate, there would likely be ~20+ hours per week for a period of 4 - 6 weeks.
A self-employed remote worker (or dedicated firm) is preferred, and team communication would be given by either TEAMWORK.COM, SAMEPAGE.IO, and email plus Skype / Telephone as needed. No set hours or employment relationship (freelance only unless it is warranted in the future).
What I require in an ideal team member (in order of importance):
• Exemplary Creative Web Design and Front End Development Skills.
• WordPress Development experience including Child Theme, Plugin Customization, and Responsive Web Design WP theme frameworks.
Additional Experience with the following (in order of importance) would be an asset:
o Themify.me Themes and Builder Framework,
o Gravity Forms and Gravity View,
o Wordpress Plugin and Functions Customization and Coding
o Experience in Responsive Web Design development of cross-platform web front end that gives smooth experience in Desktop, Tablet or Mobile formats.
Other potential talents that would make you the “ultra” ideal candidate:
• Experience with Advanced Custom Fields, Woo Commerce / Exchange and associated Add-ons
• Traditional Print Design Experience and Talent,
• Understanding of web standards and best practices including accessibility standards and responsive design.
• Some experience or familiarity with WCAG 2.0 would be an asset.
• Superb communication skills, both oral and written English.
• Understanding of content, blogging and social media publishing platforms.
• Fundamental knowledge of analytics and SEO best practice.
• Strong organization, self-motivation, and ability to predict and achieve set timelines for delivery.
• Superb problem solving ability, with a knack for innovation in web and mobile communication.
How I work with freelancers
• You will be asked to sign back a confidentiality and non-competition agreement.
• You will be given details of an available assignments and asked to return a description of how you would apply yourself, and a budget or time estimate.
• We will agree on a specific hourly rate or a contract rate for a specific assignment and payment method through Upwork.
• I expect some initial project communication time and any “skill learning time” to be excluded from billing.
• Work done on an hourly rate is to be billed by the minute and to include a detailed timesheet report (which is how we bill our clients).
What I require in your submission
• Details of your experience with WordPress development and theme design.
• Links to previous work, portfolio or personal site.
• Your typical hourly rate in $CDN or $US (Paid by Upwork Escrow).
• Your days / hours schedule of availability (I’m open to talented students and moonlighters, so long as we stick to agreed-on turn-around timelines) and your location.
• My ideal candidate(s) will likely be asked to take on more projects as we build a working relationship.
• I am also open to hiring on a duo, or team-based commercial supplier.
• North American based freelancer absolutely preferred.