Using the Apple Phone on cellular data ( 2/3/4G ), need to be able to:
- See which hosts the device is accessing ( youtube using browser, netflix using app, etc. )
- See, by IP, how many bytes are transfered to and from.
- Ability to uniquely identify the IOS device - e.g. ios device id, username/password, etc. to group traffic
- The server/service must be able to make custom API calls OR recieve instructions through a JSON API interface to configure specific accounts
- Server must be horizontally scalable
- Must have the ability to run on AWS infrastructure
- Must be able to add/remove accounts via API
- Must be able to filter/block traffic per account per destination. E.g. Block user X from youtube.com
- Must be able to provide real-time statistics on usage per client per destination
- Global Proxy on the phone
- VPN on the phone
- Local proxy on the device to inspect traffic and send reports
- Proof of concept server setup with test accounts
- Basic logging of traffic which identifies
- Client ( IOS device id, un/password, etc. )
- Destination Host ( youtube.com, netflix, etc. )
- Time of access, number of bytes sent + receieved
- Full instructions on how to setup the backend system from bare metal/virtual server
- Full instructions how to configure IOS device. Currently, manually inputing or installing application is fine.
- All code must be open source, no commercial software, no trial / limited software.
* Note: This is phase one of a very big project.