AusPat eDossier Project
Basically, I would like to put a 'watch' on a list of patent applications at the Australian patent office online database, and receive an alert whenever there is a change in the application status, or whether the Patent Office issues any documentation regarding those applications. I would like control over how often each list of applications is checked (eg. daily, weekly).
I would like to add in more user restrictions to the web interface. What I would like is about 3 different classes of user determining how many searches they can do e.g.
Search/scrape user - 3 tiers:
- Light (max 5 searches per month - no scheduled/recurring searches);
- Medium (max 20 searches per month, up to 5 scheduled/recurring searches); and
- Heavy (unlimited no. of stand-alone or scheduled/recurring searches per month)
eDossier Watch user - 4 tiers:
- Light (up to 10 applications with weekly change monitoring)
- Medium (up to 50 applications with weekly monitoring and 5 applications with daily monitoring)
- Heavy (unlimited applications with weekly monitoring and 20 applications with daily monitoring)
- Professional (unlimited applications with either weekly or daily monitoring)
Fields to monitor for changes include, by selection from user:
- Application Status - check for changes;
- Paid to Date - check for changes (e.g. new date suggesting the case has been renewed by the owner);
- Additional/Divisional application changes (check if new related application has been filed);
- eDossier - check if a new document is entered against the case (if hyperlink to the actual document is also available, provide a link to the document in the change notification to the user
- Direction Date (check if date entered - this will probably also coincide with a new 'Direction' document in the eDossier, but I'm not sure if they will appear at the same time so best to monitor for both)
This probably covers the fields that would need to be monitored most often, but please code it in such a way that it is not too difficult to add watching of other fields in the future as necessary.
I hope the above is helpful. Please review and revise your quoted amount if necessary if you would like to take this on.
The way I see it implemented, the user enters a list of application numbers that they would like to monitor, with the app looking for changes once per week (say Sunday evening -when site access would usually be quiet). If their user type allows daily watch checking of applications, then they can put a second list of applications into their daily watch list which get checked overnight each day (say around midnight).
If you have any other questions, please let me know.