Background & campaign objectives:
The future of data capture lies in 2D scanners. 2D barcodes are able to store much more information than 1D barcodes, and the industry is moving towards 2D imagers to be able to read/capture 2D barcodes.
Zebra has a robust portfolio of 2D scanners that supports the industry trends and needs.
Objective of the edm:
We want to educate and raise awareness to end-users that to stay ahead in the game, they need to keep up with the industry trends, which includes having scanners that are able to read/capture 1D or 2D barcodes accurately and quickly across different touchpoints. We have solution briefs that help them discover how 2D imaging applies in the 4 core vertical in various ways.
This will be the flow of the campaign:
This edm will be sent to our group of contacts who does not have a vertical profile in our database. For those contacts who click through the edm to download the vertical solution briefs, we will then profile them based on their selection, ie if someone downloads a healthcare solution brief, we will assume this person is in the healthcare industry. From there, we will begin to communicate with the contacts based on their vertical tracks.
Call to action:
Download our solution brief to learn more - http://online.zebra.com/xxxx (to be advised later)
Feature this infographic in the edm along with the edm copy.
In terms of the tone of voice for the copy, straightforward and concise with clarity – no b2c kind of speech, and it should be from a thought-leadership b2b kind of angle.
Main points to cover:
- New applications are driving the move to imaging across several markets, enhancing productivity and efficiency for any size business.
- An upgrade to 2D imaging technology can transform the customer experience in Retail and Hospitality as well as facilitate a caregiver’s interaction with their patients in Healthcare.
- The difference between 1D & 2D barcodes (infographic here?) https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/solutions-verticals/product/barcode-scanners/imagers/infographic/imaging-infgraphic-2015-en.pdf
- Learn how 2D imaging can help in your industry
- Require only Headline, Body Copy of 1-2 paragraphs, Call-to-Action line