Thank you for reviewing this job post.
Before reading this project post, please pay attention to following terms:
- The offered price for this project could be higher. If you think you need to offer more, please do so and we compare in our selections.
- We only hire independent developers. No agency.
- We only look for expert developers. Not those who claim are only familiar with topics.
- This project should be finished within 2 weeks time.
- Using Python/Django is necessary.
- Should be familiar with developing REST full web services.
We provide the list of functions we need to be developed.
What we expect to do:
- You should design tables and database and make proper connections between them.(Postgis)
- You should run Django latest version for managing the models (tables)
- You should work using Git Repository on our dedicated server. You need to pass us your public key.
- You should develop Restful API for all functionalities that we provide the list to you including Login of users.
- You should comment the codes in a professional manner as many other developers will join this project later and they should clearly and quickly find out what you have done so far.
We are working on a project which is a combination of mobile/web app for collecting GeoData. When we say GeoData, we mean any data relation to locations on earth. So if you are familiar with GIS topics, we are mostly interested to collect POIs and Trajectory through mobile app. We develop the mobile app as well.
We have already developed the Front End part of Web Application and we extracted all our needs from the server side, including authentication and all needed methods.
We need an expert Python developer to develop server side APIs which will serve both our Web/Mobile apps.
Currently Web App client side is ready and we will give you overview of that. But due to confidentiality, it is not mentioned in this job post.
There is existing product in the market which is somehow similar to what we do and we will provide links to you to review it.
Summary of Web Application Functions:
- Three groups of users (Survores and Opeators and Super Admins) can log into system. So hiearachy of access should be designed , so who can see what.
- The Super Admins can design a data collection mission. A mission is like a set of tasks that surveyors should do using their mobile app. Unlimited number of missions can be created and each mission might have its own definitions.
- Missions are like Forms that surveyors should fill up when they walk or drive in the city. These forms are designed inside the panel by Super Admis.
- Ordinary citizens can download our app, register as surveyor and then collect data and fill up the forms for each mission they select.
- The main concept of app is that people will join us as volunteers to collect the data that we ask them to provide. For example we might design a mission to find all Old trees in one specific neighborhood. So volunteers should select this mission, then go to that neighborhood and then find position of Trees and register them through the forms.
- We give POINTS to each volunteer as incentives and points can be exchanged with Money later.
- Volunteers can even add Image or Voice to their data. For example, one mission could be like this: Go to each bus station of the city, then the schedule of buses on the board (record your voice) and take 3 photos from 3 angels from that bus stop to see if it is clean. Also fill up this form: Which bus numbers are passing from that station. What is the street name for bus stop. and etc.
As you see, Image, Voice and Data form + GPS data is all collected and sent to server.
- Another group of users are Operators. So they should review submitted data (via surveyors) and validate them visually and click on confirm to record them as successful entries. The Surveyors will also recevied points when they click and confirm good records.
The goal is to encourage users to join the app and be active for doing our missions and they collect points for that. We are actually running this app to collect more than 10,000 records for research project.
It is called Gamifying a task for data collection in research area. This is serious tool for collecting accurate data.
Please make sure if you know how to work with PostGIS. You should know how to make Geometric Queries to PostGIS.. like finding intersections or objects inside other objects or even angels between two lines.
If you are interested, please send us chat message and we give you access to our designed client part.