We need an expert in the field of Management accounting.
1. Using Activity Based Costing calculate the environmental cost per kilo of product produced. Which of the two appears to cause the most degradation to the environment?
2. In which environment category would you classify excessive use of materials and energy?
3. Suppose that toxic releases cause health problems for those who live near the chemical plant. The costs, due to missed work and medical treatments, are estimated to be $3,240,000 per year. What would be the additional health cost per kilogram of toxin released? What would be the total cost and the cost per kilogram for each product?
4. Calculate the cost per kilo of each product. Assume that the environmental recommendations of each product are in the same proportion as the total reductions. (13 marks)
5. Calculate the net savings produced by the environmental changes for each product in total and on a per-kilo basis. Does this support...