Hi! We are looking for an experienced Angular/ROR stack developer who can help with maintenance and updates to our existing web application. Our application aggregates event data for a given city from a number of event APIs (Eventbrite, Eventful, etc.) and displays them to users in both list and map formats. Users can filter and save events for later reference, or get directions to a particular event. The stack is an Angular JS front end with a ROR backend that provides data via RESTful APIs, with a Postgres DB. It is a responsive front-end intended for both desktop and mobile web.
The application is built on the Heroku platform. The codebase repository is hosted on GitHub, but we are planning to switch to Bitbucket moving forward. Analytics are current integrated using Segment (segment.com), which forwards to Google Analytics.
Tasks for this job may include changes on both the front and backend, and therefore it's highly desirable for a candidate to be solid in both Angular JS and ROR languages/frameworks. If you are a ROR developer and are not strong in JS or Angular, feel free to still apply.
Tasks may include:
1) More robust analytics reporting (button clicks, additional page views, user attribution)
2) Adding Mixpanel and Mailchimp reporting via Segment
3) UI/UX improvements on front end
4) Possible additional event/data API aggregation on the backend to be served in application
1) Highly proficient in at least one of Ruby on Rails or Angular JS
2) Experience with Analytics Integrations
3) Database Management/Design (Postgres/SQL)
4) Git version control
Highly Desirable Skills
1) Proficiency in BOTH Ruby on Rails and Angular JS
2) Responsive layouts
3) Experience deploying applications on Heroku Platform
4) Analytics integrations: Segment, Mixpanel, Mailchimp
5) Google APIs (Maps, Directions, Places, etc.)
6) Operations (Continuous delivery/integration, staging, automation, etc.)