I need an update to the DB that I am currently using.
Freelance should be extremely skilled in all fields of FILEMAKER data base and should be able to prove it with a record of previously succeeded work.
My current DB is used to follow all steps of a small independent fashion label. We use DB to organize the products that we create with external manufacturers, to arrange orders received from clients and to issue invoices to clients.
I need an update to the DB.
This is the problem I have:
1) I personally take orders from my clients and I use DB to issue a CONFIRMATION ORDER to the clients… then I ask manufacturers to produce the garments with the ORDER REPORT also made with DB.
2) After I receive products from manufacturers (knitting factories), I usually find some items that are missing or faulty and can not be delivered to the clients… so I need to ask manufacturers to remake those products and I need to deliver to clients only a partial order… therefor I need to cancel the faulty or missing items from the invoice; issue a first partial invoice… I need to remember what items where missing from that client order and then when I finally receive those products I use DB to create a new invoice.
This process generates confusion because I need to do all manually.
I need to make this process part of the workflow of my current DB.
1) I need to be able to issue the confirmation of order to clients as I do now. I need to be able to issue the ORDER REPORT to each manufacturer as I do now.
2) After I receive a parcel from each manufacturer… I need to be able to “CONFIRM” on a page with ORDER REPORT what I have actually received with that specific freight code…. so for example If manufacturer ABC was supposed to produce 30 size M of blue color model xx… and he has sent a parcel with DHL CODE XXXX on DAY XX:XX:XX that included only 10 of those… I will confirm that I received 10 products only. At the end DB should make a report with the items that I have received (on that specific date with that specific freight number) and a report of what is still missing from that manufacturer production.
(These documents goes on my paper, with my logo… I will provide document to be copied)
3) I give to each client a PRIORITY … for example I give PRIORITY 1 to client: Antonia and a PRIORITY 2 to client: Ciccio and PRIORITY 3 to client: XY… so DB assign those 10 products that I have received to client ANTONIA first… then when I receive more he will assign those to client Ciccio and so on… THIS NEEDS TO BE EDITABLE… I need to be able to correct and change decisions made by computer If I want to.
(THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST COMPLICATED PART OF WORK… IF YOU WANT TO PROPOSE A DIFFERENT SOLUTION I AM OPEN TO IDEAS)
4) DB makes a packing list… a list of what is ready to be packed for each client… so that at warehouse we can prepare boxes with the products needed for each client only. THIS LIST should have a small image of product and a small image of color variation on side of SKU name and number of product divided by size… so that the person preparing boxes can control that each color variation associated to that SKU name is correct… and products associated to that SKU name are correct… and he will include in each box only the correct number of extra small, small, medium, large, extra large sweaters that we have delivered.
5) DB makes an invoice for each client based on the items that I have received only.
6) DB makes a document that shows what products are missing for each client and FROM EACH MANUFACTURER (so that I know what I didn’t send to each client and I can ask manufacturers to remake those missing or faulty products). This document should indicate if the product was faulty or missing.
7) After I receive the missing products from manufacturers, I should be able to update the DB… DB prepares a new invoice for same client that includes only the latest products received… and so on
8) have the DB make an invoice list also… I mean a document on which I can read very quickly on each row: Invoice number, invoice date, client that I made invoice to….
Possible questions replied:
YOU: Please let me know if Items from same order is procured from a single Manufacturer or more than one manufactures.
ME: Different manufacturers.
A client can choose to buy products made by any of our manufacturers, and it will result in one order only. We make one order/one invoice per each client.
YOU: Does all orders from same manufactures comes in one shipment (except the missing items)
ME: unfortunately not.
Each manufacturer makes its shipment.
I usually pass to each manufacturers one order at the time… example: bulk production of winter collection is one order… but they usually are late with the work so they make partial deliveries of the same order….