I've created a map that was supposed to be for print but have encountered logistical difficulties and want to release it instead as an app.
I have the map image in Adobe Illustrator and can concert it into any file format that's best.
I'm looking for someone who understands Mapbox, slippy tiles, and how to package up my file so that it can be best viewed on an iphone or ipad.
To start, the only functionality I want is for the user's location to show up as a blue dot and for that dot to move around as they move. I would eventually like to add other functionality but my only current goal is to take what was supposed to be a paper map and make it exist for viewing inside an iphone and ipad.
I'll want the following:
- An app 'intro' page that just shows my logo before loading the map a few seconds later. I can design this front page.
- The map will need to be georeferenced so that the streets of my map line up with the actual streets. As I used Openstreetmap as a base layer, I don't anticipate a lot of warping.
- I'll want slippy tiles created so that the map is clear at each zoom level. As this is a city map, this will probably only be three to five zoom levels. If it's possible to show different maps at different zoom levels this is ideal and I can create the maps for each level and change the detail as the zoom changes. (I'll create all of the graphics required for this project.)
- The map is of the city of Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and I'll want the boundaries set to the borders of the map so that people can't scroll beyond the map. I have these coordinates already.
- The user should be able to tap and pinch to zoom and use their finger to scroll around, as with Google maps or Apple maps.
- The app should hen be packaged up to be added to the Apple applications store.
I've managed to teach myself a few things but am getting frustrated so I'm getting quotes for what this might cost. So far I can get my georeferenced map (using Mapwarper.com) uploaded to Mapbox Studio and I've managed to then get this into xCode. I'm stumped on how to make my map be clear at each zoom level and I'm also having problems with the location showing up.
These things took me a bit of time because I was learning but I know the actual process is quite quick, especially for someone who knows their stuff. I'm willing to struggle on and see what I can figure out, but I thought I'd reach out to see if I can find someone to do this work for a reasonable price and save me from pulling out all of my hair.
If you're interested in this job can you repeat back to me what it is that I want done in your own words and raise any questions or concerns you have?
I'd also eventually like this done on Android as well so let me know if that's within your capabilities.