Are you a technically savvy architect and an innovative space optimizer with a unique flare for log cabin aesthetic?
We have a 20ftx30ft two- story garage in Vermont, USA with a peak top.
The second floor needs to be made into a living quarters with walk-in closet, entertainment center, full bathroom, bedroom, and business office. We have already begun sketching our first thoughts on how to optimize the space. We also have all measurements of the structure and photos which we can send to you. This should provide you with a clear picture of what we’re looking to do with the second floor space and what is possible.
Not only are we looking for you to help us with conceptual design of the space, but then also with interior design of the space. We seek someone who can meet both our functional and aesthetic needs. Some of these needs we are clear at this point, but we’re also looking for someone who has creative, proactive suggestions and abilities.
This is a one-time position, for full-time engagement for two weeks. Schedule is below:
First round: 3 conceptual designs of the space. GOAL: Narrow to 1 design.
Second round: Iterate on 1 design. Submit updated design. GOAL: critique accordingly.
Third round: Final design of space in formal documentation. GOAL: usable by construction builders
Fourth round: Comprehensive interior design research report. GOAL: compile suggestions on what to purchase to meet all of our functional and aesthetic needs based on the floor plan.(from carpet, to bathtub, to desks, and bookshelves – and everything in between)
Candidates for the position will be interviewed via skype and/or messages through upwork.
This is a posting for an architect with good technical skills, great drafting capability, and very creative spirit! Please, don't apply to this position if you don't have a strong architectural, design, and drafting background.
This is both a technical and creative position. You need not only to be a great designer, but also be able to be very technical.
1) In response to this posting, please send us your portfolio - architectural, interior, and all drafting and design work you have. We are looking for someone with strong visual sense, great space organization, and uniquely innovative. Furthermore, we’re looking for someone who has worked on log cabin aesthetic before and/or who has a keen sense for this specific type of aesthetic.
2) You must be proficient with SKETCHUP, CAD, and it is a plus if you are savvy with V-RAY.
4) You MUST KNOW HOW TO USE SKETCHUP LAYOUT for design documents and visual presentations. This is a MUST.
5) You must be fast and meet the two week deadline.
7) You must be able to start working during the first week in December at the latest.
8) You should have excellent English, written and spoken.
9) You need to have skype access and know how to work remotely.
10) You are: hard-working, diligent, detail-oriented, personable, enjoy the challenge of clean architecture meeting flawless design
11) This is a ONE-TIME position, based on 8 hours per day for two weeks. You must able to work 8 hours per day and document your progress daily.
Payment will be determined based on your experience, level of performance, interview, and portfolio.
You will be subject to a 7 day unpaid trial period. Your work must be top quality in order to move forward on this project. Therefore, please do not apply if you don’t have all of the outlined experience per the above, it just wastes your time and ours. Thank you!