I need a proof of concept application related to photo stitching and panorama viewing on iPhone.
- Wall view:
+ Take: User takes 3 photos from straight wall-facing camera
+ View: User moves the phone straight up, to the left and right to see the parts of the image.
- Spherical view:
+ Take: User takes 3 photos from 3 angles (45, 90, 135 degree), with his face and the camera on parallel flat planes. The panorama shall then be stitched onto a spherical plane.
+ View: User tilts the phone left and right to see the parts of the image.
- The UX should show hints when the user has put the phone to the right angle and ready to take another photo in a sequence.
- Stitching quality must be good in most cases.
- Stitching time should be reasonable, 30 seconds is acceptable while more 1 minute is too much. The resolution of the composed images can be negotiable but should be at least around 500 in height.
- The app should not distort the colors of the original images in non-sunlight condition.
- The more the logic written in C++ instead of native iOS platform's language, the better.
Definition of Done & Deliverables:
- An iOS application that can perform the described use cases and satisfied other requirements. The app should be able to run on at least iPhone and iPad, at least iOS 7 or 8. UI graphics are NOT important but UX is.
- XCode compile-able project.
- Please apply only if you have done similar work in the past.
- If you think the effort should be more than the suggested budget, feel free to propose. What is important is the quality of the work.