SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
● Serve as the primary systems administrator for Linux servers and services.
○ Monitor system performance and utilization
○ Install, configure, and document new servers and applications
○ Maintain and audit user accounts
○ Manage fileserver utilization (shared folders, quotas, etc.)
○ Maintain servers and system security according to campus standards
○ Track vulnerabilities and apply appropriate patches and upgrades
○ Generate statistics for operational review and planning
● Manage backup process and perform data recoveries as needed.
● Ensure systems team support requests are answered within one business day.
● Respond rapidly to system maintenance needs, including on weekends and evenings.
● Assist with managing our VMware infrastructure and NetApp SAN.
● Work with the Systems Team in developing System Administration Policies and Systems Team long-range planning.
● Work with the Systems Team on security audit processes for all systems.
● Collaborate with the Libraries on selecting and implementing a new integrated library catalog system.