We are looking for a talented and customer focused individual with good problem resolution skills to join our team of IT professionals in the position of Senior IT Engineer. This position is full time UK (8am GMT to 5pm GMT) remote work from home. The candidate must be able to work in a team and be able to take charge of tasks individually and have good customer relations skills. The candidate must also be able to take charge of individual issues and respond to any client queries over email and phone or monitoring system alerts generated in the ticketing system.
The candidate is required to have;
- At least 5 years of IT administrative and engineering experience in enterprises of all sizes
- Very good english conversational and written skills
- A fast and reliable internet connection and his own workstation or laptop
- A reliable mobile phone connection
- Residency with in a timezone +/-3 hours of GMT
- Experience with compelx environemnts and remote user support
- Willingness to join an out of hours 24/7 on call rotation with other engineers.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate good knowledge and skills on;
- Cloud environemnts like AWS, OpenStack, Open Nebula, CloudStack...
- VMware vSphere and ESXi experience
- High availability in the cloud
- Linux systems administration and scripting, knowledge of Virtualmin, Apache, MySQL, PHP and email systems is a plus
- Windows Server environments (2003, 2008, 2012), Active Directory, Excange and Office 365 administration etc.
- Windows Desktop (XP, 7, 8) and MS desktop apps such as Office
- Good understaning of networking concepts (LAN, WAN, VPN, IPv4)
Bonus points will be awarded to candidates with the knowledge of;
- Intel based servers
- Cisco and other switches
- Watchguard fireboxes
- Citrix XenApp
- Veeam Backup
- Zabbix monitoring
- Microsoft SQL
- Domino Server
The candidate must provide a ping and traceroute output to the IP address 126.96.36.199 and a description of the internet connection that they are using to be able to apply for this position.