I am currently running a small shop that requires a POS that will be in synch with my website. The WooCommerse Point of Sale Plugin has accomplished this for me:
However I am experiencing a few bugs, and would like to see them fixed along with a few custom updates. The support for this plugin has not been adequate for my needs.
I would like to create a new plugin based on this one with these fixes and updates for my website. I would like to keep the existing plugin for backup. As we make sales in the shop, the plugin would need to work well, and we should perhaps test on a dev site before going live.
• CHANGE: Move the Quantity field Between cost and Total.
• UPDATE: Currently you can edit the cost of any item by entering a new dollar amount. I would like to have the option to be able to enter a dollar amount or enter a percentage. So if I am running a sale and it is 10% off just 1 item I can do that easily. Currently you can enter the discount on a % basis only on the order total which discounts each item.
• FIX: Even when I set a register to Email, the email is still slid to "No" at the register. The register settings in the backend do not seem to change what happens on the front end of the POS.
• FIX: The print option is not working at the register. It does set to print "Yes", or print "no", but it is then not printing. I certainly will need to print receipts for customers. However it does bounce me to a new page where I can print the receipt with a basic printer on an 8.5 X 11 paper. I would prefer to use our Star Receipt printer.
• FIX: After the payment is processed, I get redirected. I would prefer instead to return automatically to the POS register. The problem with the redirect is that a lot of time when you go back to the POS and check the next person out you get a “Duplicate Invoice” error and need to then reenter the entire sale because the POS did not refresh between sale.
• FIX: The bar-code printing option doesn't work. It will print everything else, but not the actual barcode.
• UPDATE/FIX: The speed of the checkout is an issue. If there is a way to make it quicker, great. At a minimum it cannot get slower with these updates.
Payment will be for completing all of these bugs fixes and updated features. Please let me know if you have any questions.