Please submit a fixed price estimate for the study and an explanation for why you are the right person for the job.
- A digital timer, produced as cheaply as possible, but in good quality.
- The timer will cycle between different count down intervals.
- The digital display will show minutes:seconds, name of the interval, and the number of intervals completed.
- There will be 3 buttons that are comfortable to press and touch.
- It will make a sound after each interval is done. It must be able to produce at least 3 different sounds. The sounds must be pleasant.
. The casing must be flat and easily fit in your pocket. It will not be squared.
- It will be run by a standard type battery that can be replaced by opening the casing.
Requirements for the study:
- Must be written in English. All prices in US$, all units in metrics.
- All sections must be written in sufficient detail, and with references/links, so that a person with some engineering insights can understand the report and continue the work into execution.
1. Electronics: Which electronics are needed, display, sound, buttons, etc, and how do we implement the needed functionality? The preferred option would be to deliver a java program that someone implements as electronics. Other languages/options that are better suited? Who can produce the electronics at the lowest cost? Please find 3 vendors, at least one from China or other low cost countries. Price estimates are needed.
2. Who can produce the casing, given a design that will be delivered, that the vendor will then adjusted to fit the electronics and assemble the final product. Are there vendors that can do both 1 and 2? If not, what is the best way to manage the final assembly? Price estimates needed for 200, 500 and 1000 units.
3. Prototype: Do the vendors produce a prototype? What is cost/schedule?
4. Cost summary and schedule. Please indicate ranges/uncertainty. What are our option for vendor/specifications? Please rank the different solutions, and argue why the top ranked solution is the best choise.
5. Please provide a cost estimate if you are to follow up the execution of this project for me.