A Business Development Officer works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The goal is to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
Business Development Officer needs to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. Then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. This person must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
The position here is a conventional and traditional BDO role, but online.
- Capacity to communicate with potential clients and lock in business;
- Capacity to ensure it with the system clients to secure ongoing business;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Previous success in a customer service position will be viewed favourably.
In the event that you feel that you have the abilities and capabilities needed for this part, please apply with your CV and by filling out the attached application form. All applications will be considered.