The Scope involves design engineering for Instrument and Control and Electrical work for the expansion of the existing Oil Storage Terminal in Africa.
The project predominantly involves construction of four numbers product storage tanks, plant piping interconnecting the tanks as well as hooking up to the existing terminal, fire water tanks with associated automated fire fighting system, modification to the existing control panels as well as modification / addition to the existing PLC system.
The Instruments mounted on the tanks are:
a. Radar Type Tank Gauging System with tank side remote display unit.
b. Temperature Transmitters
c. Pressure Transmitters
d. High Level Switch
e. Low Level Switch
f. Pressure Vacuum Relief Valves
g. Motor Operated Body Valves as well as MOVs for the plant piping with necessary interlocking as per P&ID.
Fire Fighting System
a. The cooling system of the tanks are to be remotely activated from the control room, locally as well as interconnected with the nitrogen / LHD based fire detection system.
b. The tank farm area will be provided with gas monitors and UV detectors integrated to the existing control room.
c. Electrically operated Fire Pumps – 2 Numbers & Jockey Pump – 1 Number
d. Diesel Driven Fire Water Pump.
CCTV cameras to be installed and integrated with the existing system.
Electrical Works consists of modification to the existing switch gear to accommodate the additional load on account the additional tanks, lighting, earthing, lightning protection and necessary modification on account of the new fire water pumps.
Kindly find attached extracts from our contract (with our client) detailing the scope of works along with P & ID.
We are looking at suitably qualified freelancers who were involved in independently handling similar works in the past & who can immediately take up this assignment.
The selected freelancer is required to:
1) Immediately travel to our project site at Nairobi to see the existing facilities, meet our clients & understand the complete scope of our works. We would need him to reach Nairobi ASAP.
2) Return & prepare the entire design, drawing, documents, material take off, all deliverables, etc. & put the same up for approval and incorporate all the comments made by us & our client till final approval is attained.
3) Provide technical assistance during procurement works. Remotely monitor the progress of instrumentation & electrical works.
4) Visit our project site at Nairobi at a later date & do the installation & commissioning. The entire cabling, terminations, etc. would be done by us departmentally before your arrival as guided by you.
The following are the documents to be generated by the design engineer.
ELECTRICAL LOAD LIST
ELECTRICAL SINGLE LINE DIAGRAM
HAZARDOUS AREA CLASSIFICATION
CABLE AND EARTHING LAYOUT
CABLE TRENCH LAYOUT
VOLT DROP CALCULATIONS
INSTRUMENTATION LOCATION & CABLE LAYOUT
CONTROL FUNCTION SCHEMATIC
INSTRUMENT LOOP DIAGRAM
HOOK UP DIAGRAM
I/O LIST FOR DCS / PLC
CABLE BLOCK DIAGRAM
GRAPHICS FOR ADDITIONAL WHITE OIL TANKS
MTO for all materials required for Instrumentation & Electrification including but not limited to Control System Modules, Specification and requirement of Marshalling and Local Control Panels, Cables, Lighting, Motor Control Centers, etc.
We request interested freelancers to confirm / revert with the following:
1) That you would be able to execute the complete works independently as stated above.
2) Provide us with a detailed methodology indicating time frame for each activity.
3) Send us your profile along with CV / Resume of the person / persons involved. (including the engineer who would visit our project site)
4) Give us your most competitive & fixed quote for the above which would not be subject to variations. We would prefer a lump sum cost for the entire assignment rather than a per day charge.
5) Send us your contact numbers & email address to communicate faster.
We shall be providing you the return air tickets, visa, accommodation & transport required at Nairobi during both the site trips.
We now request you to kindly give us your most competitive quote on lump sum basis for the complete design & two site visits.