We're a busy medical marketing practice looking for excellent writers who want to do more than just write. If you're interested in writing AND picking out stock photos, creating site maps, helping with keyword research, poking around in Wordpress, and crafting Facebook ads, definitely apply. If you want to meet your word count and call it a day, we're not a good match.
We have high standards and work hard, but we also like to have fun, so please come prepared for both.
We produce a wide variety of content for our clients on the web, including blogs, articles, web pages, Q&As and social media posts. Our primary clients are plastic and cosmetic surgeons, but we also serve hospital groups and other clients needing a wide range of content.
This role is part-time but ongoing, with 10 to 50 hours of work per month anticipated. Workload varies according to your skill level and preferences. In other words, we're happy to load you up with a bunch of stuff, as long as you're doing a bang-up job.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primarily, research and write copy for online content, including blogs, articles, social media posts, website content and more. However, we also want writers who can help with bigger picture content strategy duties as needed, depending on each individual applicant's particular skill set. (And we rely on you to tell us which skills you're best able to contribute.)
• Create flawless content. Sure, not right away, but you're a quick learner who won't get princessy about edits.
• Be responsive. You're a rapid-fire communicator and you might have a Slack addiction. We don't expect you to be available to us 24/7, but we do want to feel that you're committed.
• Be obsessively detail-oriented. Like the kind of detail-oriented that makes you want to comb this job listing for typos. (And if you found any, you wouldn't hesitate to tell us about it in your cover letter, either.)
• Be particular enough to exactly match a sample page, savvy enough to sense when the content you're working with might not jive quite right with that sample, and intuitive enough to understand what tweaks would solve that pickle.
• Understand that outstanding content creation means constantly adapting to new metrics and trying new things. How you wrote last month might be very different from how you're writing this month, and you're okay with that.
• Understand the essentials of keyword use, content strategy, and marketing principles as they relate to online writing and lead generation/conversion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word. If you're using G docs or whatever as a workaround, you know how to make sure the end result still matches our formatting requirements.
• Wordpress familiarity enough to handle basic publishing and editing tasks.
• Minimum 2 years of writing experience, or talent commensurate with experience, with samples of work product available.
What We Offer
• Competitive pay based on your experience
• Tiered rates that reward writers who are with us long-term
• Flexible workload
• An engaged and responsive team environment