PROJECT: Setup Automated Testing Environment - to test WINDOWS Application (NOT Web/Browser Application) - Install software, Train us on using this software, create (record + show us playback) some test cases, and provide 5 hours of support later on
We have recently built a complex Windows Based - MS Access (VBA) application - with various Forms / Reports etc (For Accounting/Time & Attendance/Payroll etc.).
The app has approx 5 complex forms (with lots of business logic), 5-10 not very complex forms, 6-10 complex reports, and software exports reports in MS Excel and MS Word formats, and sends emails using Outlook
We need Automated Testing (functional / UI etc) - to make sure software works / there are no bugs / produces results / records data in backend MS Access tables - as expected.
- Provide, install and configure some automated testing software (OpenSource preferred / will consider commercial)
- Create 25 test cases in this software to get us started
- Train us (using Skype calls + TeamViewer Screen Sharing) on the software - to record/create some test cases on different scenarios, playback of this recorded test cases, comparing expected results vs actual results
- We will then create remaining test cases ourselves
- We may require 5-10 hours of future support, after above initial work. We will pay an hourly rate for any extra time, beyond 10 hours
Platform we use: Windows 7 and Windows 10 / using MS Office/MS Access ver 2010
HOW WILL WE INTERVIEW
- A demo of some software product that automates testing of some WINDOWS application (not browser/web app) with some database (MS Access application demo preferred) (This demo will be using Skype Phone Call + TeamViewer Screen Share session)
- Then you will create 1-2 simple test cases, and then play back these recorded test cases, and show us how 'expected' vs 'actual' test results are compared
* NOTE: If you are hired, we expect you will buy and install / setup software remotely on 4 of our user computers who will be testing the application
** NOTE 2: See attachment - which includes some application screenshots - and some test items / test cases (prepared by a user and not an IT person), but gives you an idea of types of things we need to test
Also, I copied our application with Test Data on GoogleDrive. You can download it at this link
Download 2 files
- Main Application - "2016-08-22-RC-D-Client"
- BackEnd Database - "EMPTY_TEST_BE_2016_0815-1"
In order to run the application
- you will need MS Access 2010 (which is part of MS Office 2010 professional version)
- Start Main Application
- Enable Macros Content
- Click "Change Back End" button and navigate to find BackEnd Database where you saved it (application may ask you to do this twice)
Application is read to run - with password "dinesh"
Click Consultant / Client / Time Entry buttons to see some forms etc