The product is meant for use in the horse business. Now prototype nr 3 is done, this prototype is used for research and gave me sight to the final requirements for the product.
The product is a small electronic (peristaltic) pump system, working on a transmitter and receiver. The product contains several main parts:
- the part where the transmitter is build in, to fit the transmitter has to be very small and the part needs to have a ergonomic design.
- the part containing the pump and batteries. Main issue here is the peristaltic pump needs to be small and light, but with a tube of inside diameter of 6mm (or 7mm) and the pump needs to be powerfull enough, BUT working on rechargable battery pack, which can be taken out for charging. Battey life must be long enough. (peristaltic pump does not have to do any complicated or very precise things.
- Housing around the pump / battery pack, must be shockproof, waterproof, dustproof, BUT ligt and ergonomical
- (soft plastic) Containers with smart filling option
- One metal (aluminium) part / mabye leather as well
- Connection system (ergonomic) design, probably made of neoprene
To have good insight of ergonomic possibilities of the product you need (to get) some knowledge about horses, saddles and bridles and riders.
The product needs to be developed ready so I can get a patent and get it into manufacturing. I need a actual perfect working prototype what looks like the product you can buy after manufacturing. Probably most of the parts you will need for the design already exist, maybe some parts need to be designed especially for this product.
Most important thing is the product needs to be as cheap to manufacture BUT as good quality as possible. Job will partly be: finding the best already existing parts for this product and if needed and / or cheaper developing parts as needed.
Second what I need is a price per product when manufacturing, you have to give me ideas of this while designing.
Third I need is a factory for manufacuring, so if you have any knowledge about finding the right place for manufacturing this will be a pro.
Prototype 3 is already done, but the engine is not powerfull enough and tube to small. The product needs to be more ergonomic. A movie explaning protoype nr 3 and a list of all necessary parts with all requirements is done.
Should be easy job to finalise?
If you think you meet the requirements of this project please contact me and sent me a covering letter with your previous experience (hours and what kind of similar projects), AND your EMAIL ADDRESS. I'll sent you a NDA in return.
After signing and returning you will get the list of requirements and the movie with explanation of protoype nr 3. After this I like you to come up with some basic ideas of how you would master the different parts mentioned above.
AND the amount of hours and price you are expecting for this project. I want to have a set price on the total design. (We can devide this over the different main parts as goals). Budget is limited, but product will be sold Europe, America, Australia and become famous in the horse industry (this is the goal). So it will be brilliant job for expanding and improving resumé.
When satisfied a follow up job may exist for developing an other part to improve this product for the futher and for use in other branches of work as well.
- You have to have good English (or Dutch) knowledge.
- For the patent I need illustrations / drawings, if you can deliver these this is a pro.
- Maybe I like the pump to respond to voice command as well. Can you do this yes or no? (If not, and for the rest you are a perfect match, I'll hire someone else for this part.