We have recently migrated from api.parse.com to our own self hosted Parse Serve on Amazon EC2 (Elastic Beanstalk). We would like to install a Parse Dashboard as outlined via this post:
Code to be used is via github:
The dashboard will need to be installed on the same EC2 server, which is currently a T1.micro instance. We will be using this dashboard to manage our existing Parse server.
Upon installing the parse dashboard, we will need instructions on how to access this dashboard and to make sure it is 100% secure. e.g we will need a unique user which a strong password to access this dashboard.
We will also need instructions on how to access the EC2 server so that we can update the parse dashboard if we wish.
An additional task is to make sure the currently deployed Parse Server is secure and that the EC2 that has been installed is using a Access key which is not tied to a user. Can be a Master key if necessary. We will then need to link our unique domain name to the EC2 server so that it can be displayed without logging into a long URL. e.g parse.domain.com
For successful completion of project:
- The parse dashboard must be successfully deployed onto the EXISTING Ec2 server
- The parse dashboard must be linked to the current self hosted Parse server on the EC2 server
- There should be a unique and secure user created so that we can access the Parse Dashboard
- There will need to be instructions on how we can access the parse dashboard (e.g where is it located, how do we can login and access it, how we can update it)
- The parse dashboard will need to be secure and can only be accessed via our dedicated user as illustrated above
- The EC2 server will need to be checked for security and made sure that we can access it even if makeshift user accounts are deleted. We need to make sure that the server is not tied to a specific user.
- You will link our domain name to the parse dashboard so that we can easily access it. e.g parse.domain.com
- Code for the parse dashboard will need to be uploaded to our Github repository which we can provide
- The project MUST NOT affect our live mobile app. Legal penalties will apply if any data is lost
- Project must be completed in 3 days max
- No additional budget will be provided to complete this project
- A single milestone will be created, where by it will be fulfilled on 100% completion of project
- Completion of project includes all of the above points, and payment will not be released until parse server is setup, working, training provided, and all code uploaded to Github
- PLEASE READ THIS, MILESTONES WILL NOT BE RELEASE UNTIL CODE IS LIVE, WORKING AND RELASED ON GITHUB
- Do not apply if you do not agree with any of the above.
Upon completion of this project, we will have more work including updates to our iOS app, creation of Android app and building of website. Treat this as a stepping stone to more projects.