Tax Preparation Jobs

12 were found based on your criteria {{|number:0 }} were found based on your criteria

show all
  • Hourly ({{ jobTypeController.getFacetCount("0")|number:0}})
  • Fixed Price ({{ jobTypeController.getFacetCount("1")|number:0}})
Fixed-Price - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Budget: $5 - Posted
Hello, I've lived outside the US for years and I didnt think I was obligated to file taxes since I am not working or living in the US. I met an American over here and he informed me that I need to file regardless if I am not living there. I went to the embassy for some help and they gave me a link to a website and do it on my own. I didnt want to risk doing something wrong since I havent done it in years. I also would like to file for my parents and two brothers as well. -Motez
Skills: Tax preparation International taxation
Fixed-Price - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Budget: $25 - Posted
I'm thinking about buying an Auto Repair Shop and need some tax advice. Or advice from someone good at math. The shop is for sale for $135,000 - all inclusive. I will be the owner, and I will have one employee who I want to pay on the books $10.00 to $15.00/hr. Previous owner had a profit of roughly $60,000 per year. My hope is to bring it up to about $80,000 per year. My mortgage, tax, water & sewer payments will be around $2,500/mo. Insurance will be about $300/mo. I do NOT want my personal taxes to show that I am making any more money than I am now. So if the business is making a profit of $500 or $500,000 per year I do NOT want my taxes to show that as income for me personally. Given this, 1. Would it make more sense to incorporate as an LLC or C-Corp? I want to keep the taxes and business completely separate from my own taxes. What would be the business tax rate difference between the two? 2. If I did do an LLC, is it possible to not do run-through taxes? E.g., file a separate tax return for the company? 3. If I have a profit but invest it back in the business, is it still reportable as profit? 4. Any other issues you can think of?
Skills: Tax preparation Accounting Mathematics Tax Law
Fixed-Price - Expert ($$$) - Est. Budget: $150 - Posted
US certified accountants only please. Received distributions from trust, but did not receive form 1041 from trustee for year 2015. After reviewing my tax return for 2015, I see that the accountant did not list the distribution of around $11,000 as taxable income. However the trustee says it is. This year I received another larger distribution, and was supposed to receive form 1041 and did not, and the trustee tells me I need to make an estimated tax payment. I emailed my accountant and got no response. So I'm in a situation where incompetence from the trustee, as well and non-responsiveness of my accountant, might have me a bad situation. This is what I need done: 1. Create form 1041 for 2015 distribution. 2. Review 2015 tax return and see if I need to pay taxes on distribution. 3. Create form 1041 for 2016 distribution. 4. Determine whether or not I need to make estimated tax payment for 2016 distribution. We can work out a payment for each item.
Skills: Tax preparation
Fixed-Price - Expert ($$$) - Est. Budget: $200 - Posted
I am looking for a tax agent to complete my end of year tax return. About the business: Sole Trader Online store Non GST registered (less than $75,000 turnover) Up to date books on Xero Use Paypal and a regular Australian bank account Also sell to UK in GBP (through Paypal) I have also done some contracting during the year, all PAYG summaries are present. About you: Registered tax agent Living in Australia and can be contacted by phone Fluent in English Preferably you will have experience dealing with multiple currencies on Paypal. If you fit the bill above, please contact me. As the books are up to date and it's an easy job for someone with experience with similar clients. Thank you, Andy
Skills: Tax preparation Tax Law Xero
Fixed-Price - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Budget: $100 - Posted
I need a US certified tax preparer to do my 2015 federal and state (hawaii). Need small tax firm in Nevada or California who has done Hawaii state taxes before. Almost same as 2014. You can almost just copy 2014 and enter into 2015. 1099 self-employment vehicle depreciation expenses already categorized and calculated.
Skills: Tax preparation
Fixed-Price - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Budget: $100 - Posted
Hy, Upworkers I need you to prepare W2 form for my Employees. For candidate to get selected need to show his previous sample work. Please right Hotstar in the top of your application.
Skills: Tax preparation Financial Accounting
Fixed-Price - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Budget: $20 - Posted
We are working on a software solution for the tax preparation industry and are looking for CPAs who are open to share some of their learnings via a short questionnaire. If you're willing to jump on a 30 minute call to discuss a few questions we will pay you $20 If not maybe you can just spare 5 minutes by answering this short questionnaire Thanks!
Skills: Tax preparation
Fixed-Price - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Budget: $200 - Posted
We set up an LLC whose single partner is the S Corp in 2014. 2014 taxes were filed by a full service CPA firm, and are available for review. We shut down both entities in 2015. We filed an extension for 2015 taxes. We had no revenue, and a total of 47 expense items in 2015 for both entities combined. We would do the taxes ourselves if we had the software, which we do not.
Skills: Tax preparation Accounting