Immediate need for: Native Arabic-speaker to translate approx. 50 minutes of documentary video footage from Arabic to English.
بنات is a no-budget powerful documentary film (in-production) that profiles girls growing up in the 3 largest refugee camps in Bethlehem, Palestine (Occupied West Bank). With about 20% of the footage already shot, it is currently in its second round of fundraising, and a translator is required immediately to translate some of that footage in time for the submission of a grant proposal.
- Some prior translation experience
- Must be able to translate interview footage about the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in an accurate and unbiased way
- Must be fully fluent in both English and a Levantine-dialect(s) Arabic
- Preferably a native speaker of Palestinian/Levantine Arabic of Palestinian origin (not required)
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently. All footage should be translated by October 4th
- $120 to be paid upon completion of all translations
Please respond to this posting with a short description of your qualifications/past translation experiences.