To apply you must live in Germany or Austria or be fluent in German and be able to conduct the survey during German business hours.
We are seeking people to call 30 bus operators located throughout Germany and ask questions (see questions below after operators). The bus operators are on Flixbus' technology platform (like UBER for buses).
The bus operators in Germany are:
See long list of bus operators attached but priorities are:
• Omnibusbetriebe Mesenhohl
• Binder Reisen
• SBG SuedbadenBus
• Eurolines (all of them, please)- see Deutsche Touring
• ALbus Muenchen
• Blaguss Reisen
• Eberhardt Travel
• Graf’s Reisen – Anton Graf
• Hoermann Reisen
• Rexer GmbH
• Wagner Tours
• Becker Tours
• Rheinland Touristik
• Autobus Oberbayern
Pay is based on how many responses you get. If you get all 25 we will pay $416.65. We will pay $83.33 per 5 responses. We will try getting 5-10 or more each day, which should be submitted at the end of each day. At the end of the project, a bonus will likely be given.
The candidate should contact these bus operators and find out who can answer the following type of questions (then ask them -- we will provide the excel spreadsheet where you put the answers to the questions):
• Size of fleet (=number of buses)
• Average utilization (number of seats filled)
• Number of buses dedicated to Flixbus
• Were you originally on MeinFernbus or Flixbus
• Do you feel that the buses on Flixbus have higher volumes (i.e. higher utilization)?
• Do you feel that the buses on Flixbus have more revenue?
• Are you planning to add more buses to Flix?
• Are you happy with the relationship with Flix – if yes, why – if no, why?
• What is the average bus capacity utilisation on the lines that you are operating for Flix?
• What are your operating costs [in EUR cent] per person kilometer (PKM)
• Of this, how much is salary for the bus driver per person kilometer [in EUR cent]
• Would you recommend Flixbus to another bus operator – if yes, why, if no, why?
• How are drivers vetted?
• What are necessary qualifications to become a driver?
• How do you incentivize your drivers to drive safely (e.g. rewards scheme)?
• On top of salary, are there additional benefits including pension contribution provided to your drivers?
We will probably recall a portion of the ones called so we'll need the phone number and the person's name called. We will help with getting the phone numbers but would like you to help too.
You should be both personable and intelligent (so they can understand what is going on with the questions). We estimate the whole project taking a few days and would like to see progress (returned responses) on a daily basis or sooner.
This is for academic research we're helping with--hopefully they'll appreciate that. We have projects like this, from time to time, so if successful with this project we will probably use you for future projects.