Fun Unity 5 C# visual effects demo, for a class we're teaching, as follows:
1) User presses "space" then a cyan translucent, electrically glowing orb fades into view.
1)a) Surface of orb has interesting effects protruding, e.g. particles, spikes and/or other interesting shapes.
1)b) Code must be extensible, with comments making it clear where and how our students could modify / extend what is protruding from the orb
1)b)i) random cylinders (random width/height/color/opacity),
1)b)ii) random electrical effects (be creative, have fun), and
1)b)iii) random histograms standing on their end (i.e. rotated such that the x-axis protrudes form the orb)
(all commented adequately so we'll know how to remove before sharing with our students)
1)c) Your code should have an "orb" class and classes for each type of protruding shape, helping demonstrate effective OO concepts.
2) User presses "space" again and another such orb appears, green, a small distance from the first on the X axis. This one has just histograms of type 1)b)iii), again commented to help us know how to remove / change / extend.
3) User presses "space" a third time and a flowing yellowish glossimer / electrical filament animates between the two orbs, wrapping a sort of electrical field around both. The filament expands, becoming a third such orb of similar structure, with the original two now seen orbiting each other within the third. This orb also has histograms of type 1)b)iii), again commented to help us know how to remove / change / extend.
As a teaching sample, all source code must be thoroughly commented to help our students understanding how it works.
Feel free to suggest assets from the Unity Asset Store if helpful as input for the work.
Your deliverable must include
a: All source code: C# & compatible with Unity 5.2.2f1
b: Build instructions (note any compilers, tools & 3rd-party components & where we find current & future versions)
c: Complete install/setup/configuration instructions
We will have future work, and will be impressed if you use this first project to demonstrate
- code quality,
- your mastery of making cool stuff in Unity 5,
- good communication skills, and
- attention to detail.
By accepting this project you agree to the attached Consulting Terms and Conditions (v082515), attached hereto and incorporated hereby.
Please let me know what you feel is an appropriate budget & timeframe for this first project.