On the following Dutch website (http://www.anwb.nl/auto/autokosten#stap1) it's possible to calculate the price per kilometer and monthly cost of a car. Based on this information we would like to plot a graph that shows when you drive more kilometers with a car the price per kilometer decreases.
The website has four steps:
1) Choose your car: Choose your brand, model, year, month, type of fuel, amount of doors, and gear;
2) Choose the version of the car: Based on step 1 different versions can be chosen. For example a Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI or 1.6 TSI, a comfortline or highline. Based on this information the price of the car is determined.
3) Choose the extra options in your car: For example an alarm or xenon lights. Every option has a price and this adds up on the price of the car, which is determined in step 2.
4) The following needs to be filled in in the last step:
- When did you purchase the car? (month/year)
- What was the price of the car? (in euro's)
- What is the mileage of the car
- How long do you expect to have the car? (in Years)
- How many kilometers do you expect to drive in a year?
- In which province in the Netherlands do you live? (every province has a different tax for cars)
Based on this information an overview is created about the price of the car monthly and per kilometer.
What do we want?
We would like to have a program (Excel Macro or whatever can make it work) that follows the steps as on the website. But that automatically plots a graph. On the y-as the cost per kilometer is shown and the x-as shows the kilometers, for example 2500, 5000, 7500, 10.000, 12.500, 15.000, 20.000, 25.000. In this case you can see the decrease in kilometers
Need any further information? Let me know!