This job will start immediately. Please read the job specifications as this is a big project.
Who we are: Canadaqbank.com provides an online test preparation platform for students taking medical qualification exams. We have several question banks on our website, we offer multiple choice questions through customized tests to students since 2008.
We are an established company , we have built a reliable student base for the past 8 years and we take our reputation seriously and aim for the best user experience, so our apps must deliver a stable and reliable user experience.
What you can expect:
• We are constantly expanding due to exponentially increasing loyal student base and we will have new projects coming up all the time.
• You can be assured of a long term working relationship if you are capable of delivering high quality apps and maintain/fix any bugs that may arise. Many of the people on our multi-faceted team have been working with us on project after project for 5-7 years.
What we need: Technical specifications:
Canadaqbank.com has several question banks, the user is able to create a test with their customized level of difficulty/subjects etc and they also have a test history etc with analysis. You can have a look at the features of our service here: http://www.canadaqbank.com/userinterface3.php
The mobile application communicates with our online services via JSON based API platform, thus allowing our students to have synchronized question bank data across all platforms and allows them to continue their next test/assess history from another device.
Important: We already have the code written for the main question bank (MCCEE qbank). Fully functional application will be provided to you in cordova.
You need to develop a professional and responsive design/user experience for the mobile application. It will be similar to the website. It needs to be easy to use, fast, and beautiful. The graphic design needs to be impressive. (Hint: We like the Apple website design and layout)
Develop one unified design & layout that can be used for the different exams (for example color themes can change). Once the design and UI are developed, you can change the color themes for each of the 6 qbanks we have ( 1 color theme per qbank ) and roll out apps.
To clarify: One App, one central code, design and layout - the core application will be the same and will be launched giving exam options for 3 questions banks (MCCEE,
MCCQE & USMLE) on mobile and tablets (using unified responsive html) for Apple, Android & Windows. More question banks are to be launched as 'update' after initial launch to the same mobile app
You can extend on top of the provided application or migrate the provided framework to your design of preference ( to avoid having to learning web services from scratch)
Your developer should understand json, jquery, responsive html5 and css, cordova. The user interface should work on phone and tablet (responsive).
For every milestone, commit source code to our company subversion repository
You should have a developer & tester on your team. Professional testing & publishing the app on the app stores will be your responsibility so you should have a working knowledge of app management on Apple iTunes & Google Play stores
You should be able to handle continuous maintainance including fixes for OS upgrades( Mac, Android & PC) and also bug fixes.
Knowledge of being able to add process payments through the APP (integrate paypal only) is a plus but not mandatory.
Professionalism is important for us:
• We have built our business on reputation and customer is king to us.
• We need stable reliable apps that are well maintained.
• If you’re a novice/beginner/hire several unreliable part-timers and cannot guarantee stability, then please don’t apply.
• Companies from North America are preferred.
• We will make payments only through this job site to ensure that timelines and quality are delivered as promised.
• Timelines are important, so please commit to a timeline that you can deliver.
• We expect professionalism in responding to our queries promptly, weekly updates are welcome.
• This is a long term working relationship as we will have ongoing work, upgrading, addition of more qbanks in the future etc.
• Please send us the apps you have developed to be considered.
Feel free to ask us any questions. We can also clarify through skype if necessary.
This job will start immediately.